RailBirds Rock n Roll

Community, forum, blogs, videos, freerolls, poker info and more at Railbirds.com

Friday, August 26, 2005

How!!

Against the common consensus, I am taking Cherokee language courses at college this fall.

I have heard:
1.Why would you take that?

2.Who are you going to talk to?
3.If you take that class, you have to attend at night.
4.Isn’t that a waste of money, you could use that time and money for your degree plan?
5.I don’t understand why you would choose a lost language, You Are SOOO Weird.

Well, I agree with almost all of the reasons why I should take something else, I have asked myself those very questions, especially the night class, but my heart, the heart of a 1\8th Cherokee says Do IT!!
And for all those with #5….
YES
I AM CRAZY
And even
WEIRDER.
If no one thought it would be worth it, they wouldn’t offer Cherokee and Choctaw, and then surely the language would be lost.
I feel I should support it, my gut is that of an adventurer and explorer, so those who know how far off the deep end I can jump, be happy it’s in the seat of a class that makes no sense to you instead of the other side of the world.
With that said

nv-wa-do-hi-ya-dv
(Peace)

2 comments:

3D said...

Thanks to all, and weekly post to come. Hopefully I'll learn the good words first instead of the repertoire I have in French, Spanish and Arabic.

Anonymous said...

What about the part of you that is Huron?