RailBirds Rock n Roll

Community, forum, blogs, videos, freerolls, poker info and more at Railbirds.com

Monday, July 10, 2006

Galloping Gourmet

I forgot how beautiful
I am,
A group of 4 precious little ones
Unveiled a past me,
lost
The longing screams
Mama, Mama
Hailed my heart
I realized it was me they called
A memory was jogged of 3D,
The Little Ones Pied Piper
A parade of starving mini mights following me down
A poverty stricken,
Racially repressed,
Parents missing
Town
Playing games and finding joy
Erasing the helpless reality
Of Violet, Louisiana.
I wondered why they came to pay homage to me so many years later.
I forgot,
Me.
Scalloped Potatoes.
They kept asking me about those potatoes 25 years later
With not a phone call or contact
To hold dear our connection.
Now I remember the games we played to appease their starving bellies.
Who has potatoes?
I do, I do!!
And can we find some cheese,
Who has some cheese?
We had to collect from several empty homes where they resided in force.
Milk?
Now we have a meal.
Strange how something so small
An action so lacking in complexity,
Shaped a town of children,
And
Me.

No comments: