RailBirds Rock n Roll

Community, forum, blogs, videos, freerolls, poker info and more at Railbirds.com

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ode to ETTA James, she keeps me company tonight



Fool That I Am lyrics
Artist - Etta James
Album - Her Best
Lyrics -


Fool That I Am
Fool that I am,For falling in love with you.
And, fool that I am,
For thinking you loved me, too.

You took my heart,
Then played the part of little coquette.
And, my dreams just disappeared
Like the smoke from a cigarette.

Fool that I am,
For hoping you'd understand.
And thinking youWould listen, too,
And, oh, the things I had planned.

But we couldn't see eye to eye
So, darling, darling, darling,
This is goodbye.
But I still care, but I still care,
And oh, fool that I am.
Oh, but I still care,
Fool that I am.

3 comments:

A Dramatic Soliloquy said...

What are the lyrics to that song that I was singing from the PIT of my stomAcHe to the ToP of my lUnGs? Something...Something, sum'm I love you!? Post UP MAMMA!

3D said...

http://www.lyricskeeper.com/etta_james-lyrics/144048-a_sunday_kind_of_love-lyrics.htm

Artist - Etta James
Album - Her Best
Lyrics - A Sunday Kind Of Love

3D said...

I want a Sunday kind of love
A love to last past Saturday night
And I'd like to know it's more than love at first sight
And I want a Sunday kind of love
Oh yea yea

I want a a love that's on the square
Can't seem to find somebody
Someone to care
And I'm on a lonely road that leads to no where
I need a Sunday kind of love

I do my Sunday dreaming, Oh yea
And all my Sunday scheming
Every minute, every hour, every day

Oh I'm hoping to discover
A certain kind of lover
Who will show me the way

And my arms need someone
Someone to enfold
To keep me warm when Mondays and Tuesdays grow cold
Love for all my life to have and to hold
Oh and I want a Sunday kind of love
Oh yea yea yea

I don't want a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday, Friday or Saturday
Oh nothing but Sunday oh yea
I want a Sunday Sunday
I want a Sunday kind of love
Oh yea
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday kind of loooove