RailBirds Rock n Roll

Community, forum, blogs, videos, freerolls, poker info and more at Railbirds.com

Monday, July 17, 2006

Morton Salt

When it rains...
I don't know which of the many
Cause the DOWNPOUR
In my EYES
A great friend and sweet soul is
Gone
I never had a chance to say
GOOD BYE
He died
ALONE
Without a friend
Estranged from the world
That had been his land
As well as
Centuries of HIS Ancestors,
Louisiana!!!
He was married to my Mom
Long AGO
Didn't have much in this world
But
That Big Heart
And
Innocent Smile
I can see you smiling
Barry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With tear filled eyes, the downpour floods my mind with loss, memories of borrowed time. I didn't get to know my grandfather, I met him once and saw him ridding his bike with that little basket on the back, strolling by, a sincere hello then to ask the where abouts of my father or brother, and then to leave with a sweet goodbye. I recall the stories of he and my grandmother puting us in the bed with them cause we were babies and needed that comforting....I wish I could remember, instead my memories are borrowed. R.I.P granddaddy I will miss you but I wont forget you.